The journey involves;
- A visit to a region of the North East, one of the most beautiful beaches of Tunisia, a historic place. We will be in a homestay, in front of the Mediterranean Sea. El Haouaria. EL Haouaria; which means ; air for the lungs. Indeed, this little corner of paradise has three streams of air and three streams of water that intersect respectively at a point where the mountain takes over.
- A crossing of the country to the doors of the Sahara, in the only coastal oasis in the world, where the sea and the Sahara meet; Gabes. To land after 10 km in the village of Ouedref.
- Eat by the road, a Tunisian specialties.
- A quick visit of the first Arab Muslim capital of Africa; Kairouan. Admire its ancient construction and enjoy Muslim art.
- A stay in Ouedref, in a guest house in the oldest district and the first tribe of the village LOUATA.
- A visit of the surroundings; the troglodyte village of Matmata and other Berber cities around.
Meetings and actions:
A- Meeting with the guide and the project manager; Gmati Oussema at Tunis-Carthage airport.
B- Direction el Haouaria; 2 hours drive from the airport.
C- Installation and meeting with the inhabitant.
D- Departure to Ouedref; 4 hours to the village.
E- Stop, lunch break.
F- Tourist stop in Kairouan, (Sidi El Sahbi)
G- Arrive at Ouedref; installation.
H- Meetings of the craftswomen and visits of the workshops.
I- Mergoum Workshops.
J- Visit the village of Matmata and its surroundings.
K- Departure from Djerba airport.